Up Close and Personal
Hands-on ExperiencesNew For 2018!
Get down and dirty with Teradata technology during our hands-on experiences at Teradata Analytics Universe. Hands-on learning builds confidence in your technical skills and abilities — and makes for a way cooler conference.
Our exciting new learning and personal training experiences invite attendees to choose from hands-on technical sessions on Cloud Analytics and Data Science led by expert instructors in a group environment.
Want More Personalized Instruction?
Participate in small group sessions led by our subject matter experts in the Innovation Theatre.
- Advance your technical knowledge to power up your career
- Acquire greater confidence in your skills
- Adapt more quickly to new technologies and solutions
Teradata Cloud Analytics Experience
Expand your horizons with our Teradata Cloud Analytics Experience… focused exclusively on getting the most from Teradata with AWS® and Azure®! Dive into the deep end with instruction on provisioning, managing workloads, and analyzing data.
- Technologies Featured:
- Teradata Software
- Functions Explored:
- Managing workloads
- Analyzing data
The Teradata Cloud Analytics Experience is offered as two workshops on Sunday and Thursday:
- Featuring AWS: Sunday, 9:00am-12:00pm or Thursday, 1:00-4:00pm
- Featuring Azure: Sunday, 1:00-4:00pm or Thursday, 9:00am-12:00pm
Teradata Data Science Experience
This event will highlight real-world use cases where different analytic techniques are used to understand events and offer possible business actions to drive greater revenue. There will be a mixture of both conceptual learning as well as hands on execution of functions within the Teradata Analytics Platform arena. While all lab work will be done via Teradata Studio, there will be demos of executing the same processes via Jupyter, Python, or running R code.
Attendees will also create purpose-built analytic apps within the Teradata AppCenter framework where compelling visualizations will be generated. The Teradata Data Science Experience is finally rounded off with the ability to operationalize analytic insights in real time within the Teradata Analytics Platform.
Topics to be explored:
- Data Prep, Ingest and Access: (Discussion and Examples)
- Data model
- Data wrangling and ingest
- External File access techniques
- Experience the Analytic Process: (Hands On and Demo)
- Algorithm execution
- Insights operationalization
- Advanced Analytic Algorithms Explored Within: (Hands On)
- In-database functions
- Machine learning analytic engine
- Graph analytic engine
The Teradata Data Science Experiences are being held on Sunday, October 14, and Thursday, October 18. Please register for one of these days only. Attendees are required to bring their own device. Setup will be available at 8:00am PT and can take 5 minutes or up to 30 minutes depending on your individual device's configuration. Please arrive early to ensure all devices are up and running for a prompt 9:00am start-time. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided to all registered attendees.
TERADATA DATABASE ARCHITECTURE OVERVIEW LECTURE aka Teradata Analytics Platform SQL Engine
Architects, Developers, DBAs and end users who want to know how the technology works behind the scenes will all benefit from this session. With a plethora of database products on the market and an emerging market of new players today, it is increasingly difficult to understand how any of them are differentiated. It is challenging for evaluators and decision makers to get below the marketing slides to understand the technical differences.
- Key product requirements needed to support scalable SQL analytics
- In-depth look at the Teradata SQL Engine architecture showcasing Teradata’s differentiation and response to these requirements
- Teradata’s ability to deliver unlimited scalability in every dimension, high performance, and simple management
- Requirements of modern integrated data management and access
The Teradata Database Architecture Overview lecture occurs Sunday from 9:00am-12:00pm.