Up Close and Personal
Hands-on ExperiencesNew For 2018!
Get down and dirty with Teradata technology during our hands-on experiences at Teradata Analytics Universe. Hands-on learning builds confidence in your technical skills and abilities — and makes for a way cooler conference.
Our exciting new learning and personal training experiences invite attendees to choose from hands-on technical sessions on Cloud Analytics and Data Science led by expert instructors in a group environment.
Want More Personalized Instruction?
Participate in small group sessions led by our subject matter experts in the Innovation Theatre.
- Advance your technical knowledge to power up your career
- Acquire greater confidence in your skills
- Adapt more quickly to new technologies and solutions
Teradata Cloud Analytics Experience
Expand your horizons with our Teradata Cloud Analytics Experience… focused exclusively on getting the most from Teradata with AWS® and Azure®! Dive into the deep end with instruction on provisioning, managing workloads, and querying data lakes.
- Technologies Featured:
- Functions Explored:
- Managing workloads
- Querying data lakes
The Teradata Cloud Analytics Experience is offered as two workshops on Sunday and Thursday:
- Featuring AWS: Sunday, 9:00am-12:00pm or Thursday, 1:00-4:00pm
- Featuring Azure: Sunday, 1:00-4:00pm or Thursday, 9:00am-12:00pm
Teradata Data Science Experience
Get your hands into the beating heart of the Teradata Analytics Platform when you attend our Teradata Data Science Experience! This experience is designed for data scientists, business analysts, software engineers, and business consultants.
Attendees will be given real-world use cases that will be addressed by implementing pre-built advanced analytic algorithms as well as accessing enterprise, open source, and cloud platform data through QueryGrid™. Furthermore, analytic implementations will occur through platform tools such as TD Studio, R Studio, Jupyter and algorithm execution via SQL, R, and Python.
Attendees will also create purpose-built analytic apps within the Teradata AppCenter framework where compelling visualizations will be generated. The Teradata Data Science Experience is finally rounded off with the ability to operationalize analytic insights in real time within the Teradata Analytics Platform.
- Implement a Full Lifecycle Analytic Experience:
- Data extraction and ingestion
- Data preparation
- Algorithm execution
- Insights operationalization
- Advanced Analytic Algorithms Explored Within:
- In-database functions
- Machine learning analytic engine
- Graph analytic engine
- Open source analytic engine libraries
The Teradata Science Experience on Sunday and Thursday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Teradata Database Architecture Experience
Architects, Developers, DBAs and end users who want to know how the technology works behind the scenes will all benefit from this session. With a plethora of database products on the market and an emerging market of new players today, it is increasingly difficult to understand how any of them are differentiated. It is challenging for evaluators and decision makers to get below the marketing slides to understand the technical differences.
- Key product requirements needed to support scalable SQL analytics
- In-depth look at the Teradata SQL Engine architecture showcasing Teradata’s differentiation and response to these requirements
- Teradata’s ability to deliver unlimited scalability in every dimension, high performance, and simple management
- Requirements of modern integrated data management and access
The Teradata Database Architecture Experience occurs Sunday from 9:00am to 12:00pm.